Can you imagine an online store without products? Obviously not! If you are working on building a site for a business purpose then you must know how to add products and how to manage the new products. No worries, why are we here for? We will help you with every tiny task that needs to be completed for a perfect site. You just need to install a perfect WooCommerce theme and WooCommerce Plugin.
An Ecommerce site becomes complete when an owner adds new products with an image, dimension, description, and shipping method and offers various payment modes accessible to customers. You can customize and manage all of these essential tasks with very simple steps from a single screen.
Adding a new product
- First of all, go to your WordPress dashboard and click on “Products”.
- Then Click on “Add New”.
- You will see a familiar interface where you can add products.
- Create a product Title and a short description of a product.
Manage key attributes from Product data
When it comes to managing a WooCommerce store, product data is one of the most important aspects to keep track of. Product data provides customers with the information they need while purchasing. Moreover, It is also very essential to generate reports and analytics. Further, product data helps you to understand the happening of your business and make decisions about marketing and product development.
Well, you can manage different aspects like pricing, inventory, shipping, product type, and more within this tab. Let’s go through it.
Different product types in WooCommerce
- Simple Products: This is the most common and mostly applied product type where single different products are added separately.
- Grouped Products: A grouped product is a collection of similar products where customers can purchase similar products individually or as a group.
- External/Affiliated products: External and affiliated product is one that you list and describe on your website but is sold elsewhere.
- Variable products: Variable products come with variations, each of which may have a different SKU, price, stock option, etc. For example, a sweater is available in different colors and/or sizes.
- Virtual Product: It is the one that doesn’t require shipping. We can call a virtual product a service related trading. Also, it doesn’t show or activate the shipping calculator in the cart and checkout.
- Downloadable Products: It activates additional fields where you can provide a downloadable file. After a successful purchase, customers are given a downloadable file as a link.
This is also an important section where you can add the regular and discounted price of a product. In terms of digital products, we also have virtual and downloadable items. Likewise, you can add files for downloadable products to sell, customize the download limit, and set the download expiry as well.
With the inventory tab you can manage the stock, stock quantity, and allow back orders and more. If you like to manage stock with quantity do not forget to tick on manage stock level. Enabling it will create more options. Besides this, you can tick the Sold Individually checkbox to limit the product to one per order.
It is for physical products with weight and dimension. You can add the weight and dimension of the product along with a shipping class. In the dimension section, you can add the length, width, and height of the product you are selling.
When you tick on the virtual checkbox or select external and grouped products, the shipping section will automatically disappear because these products don’t need shipping.
In the Linked Products tab, you can add upsells and cross-sells. Up-sells are displayed on the product details page. Cross-sells are products that are displayed with the cart and related to the user’s cart contents. They can be added by searching for a particular product and selecting the product from the dropdown list.
Attributes let you add details to the product. Custom attributes can also be applied by choosing the Custom product attribute from the select box. By providing a full profile of the attributes of the product, you can help inform your customers of whether the product is or isn’t what they’re searching for. Attributes are key descriptors for your product, and they tell potential customers important information about it. This might include the item’s color, the material it’s made out of, its size or type, and more.
The advanced section enables you to work on Purchase note, Menu order, and enable reviews. You can create your own custom purchase notes to send the customer after purchase. Likewise, the Menu order option gives the product a set position in your menu. If ticked reviews will be enabled and if unticked it will disable reviews.
Get More Options
Here, you will see a recommended extension of WooCommerce likely to be needed for your online store. Purchase if you want on your eCommerce store if not skip this.
On the whole, this article mainly focuses on adding new products and managing them from a single “Add New” screen. Alike other customization, you can add categories, tags, galleries, and images for the product from the right interface. Further numerous settings for an online store can be done from the Woocommerce settings. You can check our article (how to configure your online store using WooCommerce) for this.